Scandinavian word meaning `fast-spinning,' used in nuclear physics to designate high-spin nuclear states. What do those guys up there know that we don't, that makes them so interested in spin?

The word yrsel, `dizziness,' occurs in a Swedish economics joke.
I have never encountered the usage vertiginous nuclear state.

© Alfred M. Kriman 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 (c)