Professor, Dr. Sc., Niels Bohr Institute, Univ of Copenhagen.
Jens Jørgen Gaardhøje
Talks at international, conferences and symposia,
lectures at foreign research institutions and universities
conference organization and chairmanship.
1. Feb. 1980. Invited talk: XVII Winter School on Nuclear Structure, Bielsko-
2. May 1981. Lecture : NBI-TAL symposium on Nuclear Structure 1981.
3. Jan. 1982. Invited talk: XX International Winter Meeting on Nuclear Physics,
4. Feb. 1982. Lecture: Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
5. May 1982. Lecture: Technisches Universität München, Garching, FRG.
6. Aug. 1982. Lecture: Nordic Nuclear Physics Conference, Fuglsø, Denmark.
7. Jan. 1983. Invited talk: XXI International Winter meeting on Nuclear Physics,
8. May 1983. Lecture : NBI-TAL symposium on Nuclear Structure 1983.
9. Nov. 1983. Lecture : Lund University, Sweden.
11. Jan. 1984. Invited talk: XXII International Winter meeting
on Nuclear Physics,Bormio, Italy.
12. Feb. 1984. Lecture: Daresbury National Laboratory, Warrington, England.
13. May 1984. Lecture : NBI-TAL symposium on Nuclear Structure 1984.
14. July 1984. Invited Lecture series: Erice Summer School, Frontiers of Nuclear
Dynamics, Erice, Italy.
15. Oct. 1984. Lecture: State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA.
16. Dec. 1984. Lecture: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge,
17. May 1985. Invited talk: Niels Bohr Centennial Conference.
18. June 1985. Invited talk: Gordon Research Conference on Nuclear Chemistry,
New Hampshire, USA.
19. Jan. 1986. Invited talk: XXIV International Winter meeting on
Nuclear Physics, Bormio, Italy.
20. Apr. 1986. Lecture: Institut des Sciences Nucleaires, Grenoble, France.
21. Nov. 1986. Invited talk: Daresbury Study Weekend 1986,
Daresbury Laboratory, England.
22. Dec. 1986. Lecture: University of Padova, Italy.
23. Jan. 1987. Invited talk: XXV International Winter meeting on
Nuclear Physics, Bormio, Italy.
24. Mar. 1987. Invited plen. talk: 1987 Joint general meeting of the
German, Dutch, Belgian and Danish Physical Societies, Groningen, Holland.
25. Apr. 1987. Lecture: University of Catania, Sicily, Italy.
26. May 1987. Invited talk: Colloque Ganil, Giens, France.
27. June 1987. Invited talk: International Conference on Nuclear Shapes,
Aghia Pelagia, Greece.
28. Aug. 1987. Lecture: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge,
29. Sep. 1987. Organizer and lecturer at: First Topical Meeting on
Giant Resonance Excitation in Heavy-Ion Collisions,
Legnaro, Padova, Italy.
30. Jan. 1988. Invited talk: XXVI International Winter meeting on
Nuclear Physics,Bormio, Italy.
31. Jan. 1988. Invited talk: Workshop on Nuclear Properties at High Temperature, Groningen, Holland.
32. Mar. 1988. Invited talk: 1988 Joint general meeting of the German,
Dutch, Belgian Physical Societies, Berlin, FRG.
33. June. 1988. Invited talk: 3rd Nucleus-Nucleus Collisions Conference,
St. Malo, France.
34. Nov. 1988. Invited talk: Nuclear Structure Workshop, Institute for Nuclear
Studies, Tokyo, Japan.
35. Nov. 1988. Lecture: Hiroshima University, Japan.
36. Nov. 1988. Lecture: Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
37. Mar. 1989. Invited talk: Meeting of the Danish Physical Society,
38. Apr. 1989. Invited talk: International symposium on Nuclear Disassembly,
39. May 1989. Lecture: Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, USA.
40. Aug. 1989. Invited talk: 6th Nordic Meeting on Nuclear Physics,
41. Nov. 1989. Invited talk: General meeting of the Danish Physical Society,
42. Oct-Nov ’89. Coordinator and discussion leader: Nuclear Structure Symposium,
‘Physics Marathon’, NBI, Denmark.
43. Jan. 1990. Chairman: XXVIII International Winter Meeting on
Nuclear Physics, Bormio, Italy.
44. Apr. 1990. Invited talk: International Conference on Nuclear
Structure in the 90'ties, Oak Ridge, TN, USA.
45. Mar. 1991. Coordinator and Invited talk: Symposium on Future directions in
Nuclear Spectroscopy, Strasbourg, France.
46. June 1991. Invited talk: 4th Nucleus-Nucleus Collisions
Conference, Kanazawa, Japan.
47. June 1991. Lecture: Institute for Atomic Energy, Beijing, China.
48. Oct. 1991. Lecture: Institut des Sciences Nucleaires, Grenoble, France.
49. Nov. 1991. Lecture: University of Groningen, Holland.
50. Dec. 1991. Invited talk: Journées Thématiques sur les Résonances Géantes,
Institut de Physique Nucléaire, Paris-Orsay, France.
51. June 1992. Invited talk: Gordon Research Conference on Nuclear Reactions,
New Hampshire, USA.
52. Sep. 1992. Invited Lecture series: Zakopane Winter School on
Nuclear Physics Zakopane, Poland.
53. Sep. 1992. Lecture: Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Cambridge, USA.
54. Nov. 1992. Invited speaker and panel member: Journees thematiques
GANIL, Caen, France.
55. June 1993. Organizer of the "Perspectives in Nuclear Structure"
conference, Niels Bohr Institute (with B. Mottelson, Aa. Winther,
56. June 1993. Discussion leader/convener: Gordon Research Conference,
New Hampshire, USA.
57. Aug.1993. Invited talk: Gull Lake Conference on Giant Resonance’s.
Gull Lake, Michigan, USA.
58. Oct. 1993. Lecture: State University of New York at Stony Brook.
59. Aug. 1994. Invited talk. Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory, CA, USA.
International Conference on Physics with Large Arrays.
60. Jan. 1995. Organizer of meeting on relativistic heavy ion physics, mesons
and exotic nuclei at Græftåvallen, Jæmtland, Sweden.
61. Feb. 1995. Invited lecture series at European Theory Center (ETC) in
Trento, Italy on Hot nuclei.
62. May 1995. Lecture at ALICE-N meeting on Relativistic Heavy Ion Physics
with the ALICE detector. Lund University. Sweden.
63. Oct. 1995. Invited talk at IN2P3 meeting on RHIC and ALICE physics,
Subatech, Nantes, France.
64. Mar. 1996. Lecture at Nevis Labs, Columbia University, New York, USA.
65. Aug. 1996. Lecture at Los Alamos Natl. Lab. New Mexico. USA.
65. Sept. 1996. Invited Lecture series at Zakopane School on Nuclear Physics,
Poland . Chairman.
66. Sept 1996. Lecture at International ALICE Collaboration meeting,
University of Lund, Sweden.
67. Nov 1996. Organizer of ‘International Workshop on Phase Transitions
in Nuclear Collisions: PT96 ’. Niels Bohr Institute, Denmark.
68. Jan 1997. Lecture at Bergen University, Bergen, Norway.
69. Mar. 1997. Invited talk at International Conference on Astrophysics
and Physics of the Quark-Gluon Plasma, Jaipur, India.
70. Mar. 1997. Invited talk at International Workshop on Nuclear and
Rencontres de Moriond, Les Arcs, France.
71. Aug. 1997. Invited talk at the OECD World Megascience Forum,
Workshop on RHIC-LHC
Collaboration. Brookhaven National Laboratory, NY, USA
72. Dec. 1997. Lecture at Lund University, Lund, Sweden.
72. May 1998. Organizer of ‘Niels Bohr and the Perspectives of Physics in
the 20’th Century’,
UNESCO-NBI, UNESCO headquarters, Paris, France.
(with Ove Nathan)
73. June 1998. Invited talk at the 4th CRIS conference on relativistic heavy
ion physics, Catania, Italy.
74. Nov 1998. Organizer of, and speaker at, ‘International Workshop on
Phase Transitions in Nuclear Collisions: PT98 ’.
Niels Bohr Institute, Denmark.
75. March 1999 Invited Talk at the Moriond Meeting on ‘QCD and
High Energy Hadronic Interactions’, Les Arcs, France.
76. June 1999. Lecture at Giessen University, Germany.
77. June 1999. Plenary speaker for Denmark, at the UNESCO/UN World Science
Conference,Budapest, Hungary, 1999.
78. 2000 Convener of 3 Intl. meetings at CERN (ALICE experiment) and Intl. Collaboration meetings at Brookhaven Natl. Lab (BRAHMS experiment).
79. June 2000 Organizer of and speaker at ‘Ethics in Science’, Danish Parliament, Christiansborg, DK.
80. Nov 2000. Lecture: The little Big Bang,
Selskabet for Naturlærens Udbredelse (SNU),
Odense University, Denmark.
81. Nov 2000. Lecture. The little Big Bang, First results from RHIC,
Royal Danish Academy of Science, Denmark.
82. Feb 2001 LHC-ALICE Forum. CERN, CH.
83. Feb 2001 Convener, speaker, ALICE week, Forward multiplicity detectors. CERN, CH.
84. March 2001 Invited talk. First result from BRAHMS at RHIC, Moriond,
Les Arcs, France.
85. April 2001 Invited talk, Symposium on RHIC Physics,
American Physical Society Plenary Meeting.
Washington DC, USA
86. May 2001 Co-organizer and talk at Intl. Workshop on ‘Hard Probes’ , NBI.
87. May 2001 Convener: workshop on Forward Detectors for ALICE, CERN, CH.
88. Sept 2001 Invited talk. International Conference on RHIC physics and the Quark Gluon Plasma. Ecole Polytechnique,
Palaiseau, Paris, France.
89. Dec 2001. Invited talk at International Nuclear Structure Symposium
in honour of Bent Herskind, NBI.
90. Dec 2001. Seminar at University of Odense. ‘The search for the QGP’.
91. Jan. 2002 Lecture. ‘The Little Big Bang at the Highest Energy’.
Ungdommens Naturvidenskabelige Forening.
H. C. Ørsted Institute.
92. Mar. 2002. Lecture LHC- ALICE Forum. CERN. Convener, speaker
Forward Detectors Workshop. CERN
93. Mar. 2002. Lecture. ‘The Little Big Bang at the Highest Energy’.
Ungdommens Naturvidenskabelige Forening. Århus University.
94. May 2002 Organizer and speaker at BRAHMS intl. Collab. Meeting, NBI.
95. May 2002 Organizer of Intl. Symposium on Relativistic Heavy Ion
96. June 2002. Invited talk at Gordon Research Conference, New Hampshire,
97. Sept. 2002 Organizer and speaker at FWD workshop, ALICE, CERN.
98. Dec. 2002 Seminar at Giessen University, GK-GK Graduirten
Kolleg, Giessen, DE.
99. Mar. 2003. Convener, speaker at CERN, CH. ALICE FMD
workshop, Comprehensive Review .
100. June 2003. Invited talk at VIII International Conference on Nucleus-Nucleus
101. Sept. 2003 Speaker and organizer of the ‘Phase Transitions 2003’
102 . Dec 2003 Lecture: ‘Have we produced the Quark Gluon Plasma?’,
University of Aarhus, Institute for Physics and Astronomy.
103. May 2004 General Colloquium, University of Oslo.
Have we discovered the Quark Gluon Plasma?
104. June 2004. Talk at ‘RHIC-discoveries’ Whitepaper meeting, Port Jefferson, NY, USA.
105. June 2004. Organizer of the International Nuclear Physics Conference 2004 (INPC2004), Gøteborg Sweden. Chair and convener of the Heavy Ion Subconference (with H.A: Gustafsson).
106. Aug 2004 Invited plenary talk at the Rencontres du Vietnam
(Particle and Astrophysics),
107. Sept 2004 LHCC plenary session talk. The Forward Detectors
Technical Design report.
108. Oct 2004. Inaugural Lecture Niels Bohr Institute.
109. Oct. 2004 General Colloquium, University of Kansas at Lawrence,
110. Nov. 2004 Invited talk at Intl. ‘Hard Probes’ workshop, Ericeira, Portugal.
Last revised: 08-12-2004