Next: Integration of a first
SUPPLEMENT TO MATHEWS AND WALKER
These short notes have been made by Poul Olesen.
They give some supplementary material to Mathews and Walker,
Mathematical Methods of Physics (everywhere referred to as ``the book'').
The contents of these notes is:
- 1. Integration of a first order linear differential equation.
- 2. Integration of linear inhomogeneous differential equations
of second order.
- 3. The Green's function.
- 4. Legendre polynomials and Rodrigues' formula.
- 5. The Gamma function and its logarithmic derivative.
- 6. The Bessel function and the related Neumann function.
- 7. Borel Summation.
- 8. Convergence of the Fourier series.
- 9. Dirac's delta function and the Fourier transform.
- 10. The Gibbs phenomenon.
- 11. The Green's function revisited.
- 12. Dirac's delta function and other distributions.
- 13. A guide to the saddle point method.
- 14. An integral for the reciprocal Gamma function.
- 15. Integral representations of the Bessel function.
- 16. Bessel functions with order half an odd integer.
- 17. On the solutions of Bessel's differential equation.
- 18. Some other books.
The exam is written and lasts 3 hours.
Any error or dubious statement should be reported to Poul Olesen, Fc 12,
NBI, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.